Dear Students and Parents,
We are excited to resume in person lessons effective May 18th!
Here's what I know:
1. You will continue to have the option to have your lessons online. It is your choice as to when you resume in person lessons with us, once we reopen for in person lessons. Online lessons will be available indefinitely, and are also a perfect option for students who may go out of town for an extended period in the summer.
2. We are reopening for in person lessons on May 18th. I will be at the school to teach lessons if you choose to come to us OR if you prefer to Zoom in. Either way your lesson will occur at your scheduled day and time.
3. We are following the CDC guidelines to keep students and parents safe and here's what they are:
• We ask that every student upon arrival wash their hands and put on a mask.
• We have complimentary disposable masks. If you would like one, just ask. These are FREE for our students to use during the lesson, but you have to be a current student to receive one.
• We have (and have always had) plenty of hand sanitizer available for use before each class.
• We have complimentary disposable gloves if you would like one. These are FREE for our students to use.
• We ask that for now you do not wait in the waiting areas, but that you wait in your vehicle while your child's lesson is being held. What's really cool is you can ZOOM into the lesson with your phone if you wish and watch every minute from your vehicle. If you arrive early, please text me to let me know that you are here, and I will walk out in the front and wave to let you know when we are ready. Then, I will meet you at the door to escort your child inside.
• Please keep 6 feet of distance from all other people. Since we own our facilities and designed each one specifically for our use, we have measured each room and each one can accommodate six feet of social distance. Class size has been temporarily reduced to a maximum of 4 students to facilitate social distancing. Students will be spaced one at every other keyboard.
• We (as we always have), are cleaning the studio multiple times a day, and wiping all keyboards before every class.
• Additionally we are deep cleaning the school weekly.
We are currently preparing for a big performance in August at a really cool venue (more info soon!) The recital is optional but highly encouraged. Let's get that practice going!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with your in person lessons, online lessons or anything else.
We cannot wait to see you in person at your next lesson!
Thank YOU for being a part of Joy Academy of Music!